Out of Character:
Downtime Action List
- Can be used to attack an individual. It will automatically fail if you have no way of finding the person. More effective if you find, investigate and/or watch the individual for some days before. Will sometime require a scene for NPC attacks and will always require a scene for PC attacks.
- Can be used to attack a specific influence. By attacking an influence, you are destroying other individuals connections to the influence and do not gain it for yourself. If you select just the influence, you will randomly attack or you can select a specific individuals influence. If you are attacking a specific individuals influence, you may need to investigate or find their influence first.
- Can be used to attack a location. May require a scene.
- Can be used to defend an individual. Successes will make it more likely that you will be around when/if someone else attacks the individual.
- Can be used to defend an influence. All successes will negate successes of others trying to attack or steal your influence.
- Can be used to defend a place. Places can be any size (from as small as a haven to as large as the entire city). Larger areas are more difficult to defend.
- Used to find something that you currently do not have the location of. It can be a person, place or thing.
- Can be used to grow most backgrounds.
- If you attempt to grow an influence that is completely taken, the grow action will automatically fail. You would instead need to steal influence. You could also attack influence (which would open some up) and then grow your influence after.
- Used to hide a person, place or thing. Each success will cancel successes of individuals trying to find the object being hidden.
- Can be used to investigate anything.
- Used to learn disciplines that are out of clan. It will take two days of downtime, per level of discipline (so a third level discipline would be six days).
- Can be used to steal a specific influence. By stealing an influence, you are taking influence from other individuals. If you select just the influence, you will randomly steal from individuals or you can select a specific individuals influence. If you are stealing a specific individuals influence, you may need to investigate or find their influence first.
- Can be used to steal an item. Specific items may require a successful find action first. If an individual has the item on them, a scene may be required.
- Used to teach someone a discipline that is out of clan to them. It will take two days of downtime, per level of discipline (so a third level discipline would be six days).
- Can be used to watch the actions of an individual. Usually will require you to first find the individual you are watching, unless you already know where they stay.
- Can be used to watch an influence.
- Can be used to watch a location.
- This is for anything that does not fit into the other categories.